Recipe Gang Panang
Gang Panang is one of the famous Thai curries. This dish has a rich creamy sauce thickened by coconut milk. You can purchase the curry pastes in most large supermarkets back home, or why not take some home with you as a souvenir of your holiday in Thailand...
- 2 pounds meat (beef, chicken,pork,shrimp or any meat you like)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 8 oz panang curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons kafir lime leaves (cut into shreds)
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Cut your meat into bite sized cubes. Using a medium to large skillet, pan fry the meat until it is almost done, then remove it and set it aside.
- Using medium heat, add in four tablespoons of coconut milk, and let it come to a boil.
- Add in 2-3 tablespoons of curry paste.
- Put the meat back in, and stir until the meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add in half of the remainder of coconut milk. Keep stirring.
- Add the fish sauce and the sugar.
- Add in the rest of the coconut milk.
- When the coconut milk thickens, add in the basil leaves and lime leaves.
- Give it a taste. You may need to add in more fish sauce or sugar depending on your preference.