Eating at Rattanakosin area
Rattanakosin area and its vicinity encircle many major tourist attractions in Bangkok: The Royal Palace, Wat Phrachetuphon (Wat Pho), Sanam luang, Ministry of Defense, Sao Ching Cha (Giant Swing), Wat Suthat, etc.
Previously, the area located numerous royal residences, each of which created its own Thai authentic food taste, establishing the so-called ''Chao Wang Recipes'' or ''Royal Recipes''. When the city become more developed and modernized, royal recipes have been transferred and renovated to royal suit everyone. Though there is not much of the original royal cuisine to enjoy food in the Rattanakosin area and its vicinity but the atmosphere and the authentic Thai taste can possibly recall you pictures of the past due to its prevailing authentic atmosphere. I give you some address of my favorite places to get very good food and also cheap, take a look.
New World Lodge, Soi Samsen 2, Samsen Rd., Banglumphu, Phra Nakhon area, Bangkok
- Monday-Friday 06.00 am-10.00 pm.
- Saturday-Sunday 04.00 pm-10.00 pm.
Price: 80-5,000 baht / person
Thai/ European Cuisine
Phra Athit Rd., Phra Nakhon area, Bangkok
Open: Daily 10.00 am-12.00 pm.
Price: 90-600 baht / person
Khao Mu Daeng (Rice with roasted pork)
KHAO MU DEANG TROK NAWA
25 Trok nawa, Tanao Rd., Sao Ching Cha, Phra Nakhon area, Bangkok
Open: Monday-Saturday 08.00 am-04.00 pm.
Price: 25-30 baht / person
Phra Athit Rd., (opposite Fort Phra Sumen), Phra Nahon area, Bangkok
Open: Daily 09.00 am-02.00 pm.
Price: 60-65 baht / person
Phat Thai (Thai-style fried noodles)
PHAT THAI O.K.
Opposite of Ratchaburana Temple, Phra Nakhon area, Bangkok
Open: Daily 06.00 am-10.00 pm.
Price: 20-25 baht / person
KAI YANG BANGLAMPHU
(Original Vendor) on the corner of Tani Rd., Banglamphu, Phra Nakhon area, Bangkok
Open: Daily 11.00 am-08.00 pm.
Price: 50-150 baht / person
- From Nonthaburi in the north or from Sathon in the south take an express boats and get of at Phra Athit Pier, Chang Pier, Tien Pier, Rachinee Pier or Saphan Phut Pier. You will reach the west of the Rattanakosin area along the Chao Phraya River.
- Non A/C bus no. : 1,2,3,5,36,8,9,10,15,19,25,33,35,39,42,43,44,47,53,56,59,60,65,68,70,73,79,82,91,96,157,159,169,170,201,203
- Air-con bus no. : 157,183,503,506,509,511,516
Note: Please contact me if you need more address of restaurant, any area in Bangkok.